Jul 9, 2009

Will you marry me

It has been long time since I had visited Seoul Center of Arts. I had free tickets to Seoul National Orchestra's concert, so I stopped everything I was doing and headed there. Well, as expected, classical music was not the most entertaining, especially if you didn't know the parts that were being played. The most reasonable thing I could do was to try to entertain myself when the piece got tedious and boring. I kept my eyes on the drummers' every movement. Actually it seemed that their jobs were not that hard as one could imangine. They just simply handled the most rudimentary instruments even kids at kindergarten know how to use.


Changing the topic...
When the baritone singer was about to finish his repertoirs, people got so excited by his performance that they kept on and on applauding and asking for more songs. He, instead of doing what we all were expecting, called his girlfriend to ask her to come to the stage so that he could propose her to marry him in front of the audience. I had never expected that I would be enjoying this kind of reality and live shows. The show had got really interesting, indeed. Better was when despite his repeated calls, she didn't show up. She had left her seat to meet her fiance back stage. He had no choice but to embarrass himself and start with his encore song.

Then he left the stage and soon appeared again with his beloved one to do what he had proposed to do that night. The rest of the story is somewhat obvious. By this time, I wasn't that interested anymore. Actually, almost all the people were about to leave the place. The spontaneity and freshness of the show became instantly old.

What lesson did I learn?
Good shows as well as marriages should be held on time.
Everything is about timing.

No comments: