Jul 1, 2009

Dexter - Siniester

I am a right handed person.

And I use it most of the time, and much more than a normal person.
I have lived this way for almost 30 years.
That is why my right hand has so many wrinkles
and its fingers are much thicker.
Yes, it has deteriorated and it's my fault.
In contrast, my left hand is softer, thinner, more ladylike.

Today I bought a red manicure to brush my nails.
As predicted, my softer left hand looked better
since it was my skillful right hand that painted it.
My clumsy left hand brushed its partner,
which turned out to look like my grandmother 's old hand.

Dexter means right hand, righteousness, justice in Latin while siniester means left hand, out of the righteousness, evil, horror.
The one who is able to use both hands alternatively is called ambidexter.
Well, no way Romans could have named this person an ambisinister.

The left have been ignored, not to say depreciated, for long time.
But today, my siniester looks much more attractive.

There is nothing absolute in this world.
All things that exist on earth are just ambiguous and unclear.



No comments: