Jul 11, 2009

Twitter

I had registered in a Twitter account couple of months ago, but didn't really follow up. I just couldn't see the fun and joy of twitting. Today, this usually happens when you have to study for exams but end up doing things totally unrelated and unproductive, I actually started to see how it worked. I still need more time to manipulate it and experience it a bit more, but for the moment, it is quite fun. Maybe it will help me keep track record of all of my trivialities and that's a good thing. A beautiful life is basically composed of simple, sometimes boring, and trivial times and spaces.


Once again, I am deeply grateful I was born in the internet era. There is so much fun going on here. Amazing, amazing, amazing. Amazing to think that I might eventually stop writing my journals on a paper notebook. (I had thought that I would never change this particular habit.) It is likely that I replace my journals by twitting my moments.

Another surprising thing was that very but very few friends of mine twit. Or better to say, most of them don't even have an account. What should I think about this phenomenon? Is Twitter too banal for busy people like us? Or are we just out of fashion? Or are we simply getting old?

No comments: